My Tangent – Laab – Genealogy Organization

29 July 2010

Morning,

This morning, before my volunteer stint at the local Family History Center, I’ve been trying to think of what I need to accomplish. The deeper that I reach into the search and investigation of my genealogy, ancestry, and family history the more I realize that I have to, and want to do.

But before I go into that you have to try a very quick salad, sort-of, Laab. It’s ground pork marinated in some fresh lime juice. It’s then cooked in two tablespoons of water in a hot, hot frying pan. Once the pinkness is gone, take the pork off the heat, and let it cool down a bit. Next mix in some sliced onions or shallots, some chilis, fresh chopped cilantro or culantro, and some mint. Two tablespoons of fish sauce and some more lime juice. (The recipe called for a tablespoon of toasted rice grains which I forgot… and some recipes add a bit of chopped peanuts.) Toss together and then place on top of some lettuce and greens. I really liked it… and will repeat. Laab… can also be created with chicken or beef. Simple and so good. Laab.

I will continue with my Transcription Project of the Grenada Registers of Records in the search of the origin and related genealogy of my ggg-grandfather James Smith. As a side note my paternal DNA, my confirmed Y-DNA Haplogroup is R1b1b2a; Shorthand: R-L23. The implication of course is that all Smith males in my family tree should be of the same Y-DNA Haplogroup.

Currently I am still working on Item 6 of the microfilm FHL [1563380] The Transcription Project has produced and introduced me to a number of Smiths associated with Grenada during the period of time 1799 and 1834. I know that there is one more Item, number 7 for the above-mentioned microfilm, and then I must make a decision as to the next microfilm that I will research and transcribe. My bet is that I will choose FHL [1563377] which incorporates the years 1791 to 1799.

I have also been working on capturing Actes de Naissance, Birth Registrations, of Bordeaux in France in my research into four of my family lines. These lines include Collomière, Dubuc, July, and Merle. The Family History Library has 297 microfilms just in this category of civil birth registrations. To date I have had the chance to review beginning with the year 1840 back through 1799. It is extremely time-consuming as there may be just about a year-and-a-half per microfilm.

Another goal that I have set for myself is to organize a new Access database just to put some sense and sequencing into those microfilms that I have reviewed. There are a flurry of pink receipts floating about that just keep multiplying and multiplying.

There is also the self-imposed overhanging cloud of my new website. I’ve got a title – A Genealogy Hunt, the same as my Blog. The website will be an archive and a library of and including both the Smith and Brunhammer family lines… The basis of course will be 16 immediate family lines. The success of the A Genealogy Hunt Blog has pointed out to me that I need really consider an online forum and resource so that our family members worldwide will be able to enter into a self-sufficient “cloud” or “Internetland” library.

I’ve got a lot more ideas, but I think I will stop there. I now will translate this Posting into French, so that our French relatives and readers will get some understanding of where I’m going and what to expect.

Enjoy,

Jim

---------

Matin,

Ce matin, avant mon séjour volontaire à l'échelle locale Family History Center, j'ai essayé de penser à ce que je dois accomplir. Le plus profond que je touche, dans la recherche et l'enquête de ma généalogie, l'ascendance, et l'histoire de ma famille, je me rends compte que je n'ai plus à faire, et je veux faire.

Mais avant d'aller dans les détails, il faut essayer une salade très rapide, le tri-des, Laab. Il est le porc haché, mariné dans du jus de lime frais. Il est ensuite cuit dans deux cuillerées à soupe d'eau, dans une chaude, poêle chaude. Une fois que la couleur rose est parti, prenez la viande de porc hors du feu, et laisser refroidir un peu. Suivant mix dans certaines tranches d'oignons ou d'échalotes, des piments, coriandre fraîche hachée ou culantro, et un peu de menthe. Deux cuillères à soupe de sauce de poisson, et certains jus de plus de chaux. (La recette a appelé à une cuillère à soupe de grains de riz grillé, que j'ai oublié ... et quelques recettes ajouter un peu d'arachides hachées.) Mélanger, puis placer au-dessus de la laitue et les verts. J'ai vraiment aimé ... et je le répète. Laab ... peuvent également être créés avec du poulet ou de bœuf. Simple et si bon. Laab.

Je continuerai avec mon projet de transcription des registres Grenade des dossiers, à la recherche de l'origine et la généalogie de mon arrière-arrière- arrière-père James Smith. En remarque, mon ADN paternel, mon confirmé ADN-Y haplogroupe est R1b1b2a; Shorthand: R-L23. L'implication, bien sûr, est que tous les hommes Smith dans mon arbre généalogique doit être du même haplogroupe ADN-Y.

Actuellement, je travaille toujours sur le point 6 de la microfilms FHL [1563380}. Le projet a produit de transcription, et me présenta à un certain nombre de Smiths, associée à la Grenade, au cours de la période 1799 et 1834. Je sais qu'il ya un autre point, le numéro 7 pour les microfilms mentionnés ci-dessus, et puis je dois prendre une décision quant à la prochaine microfilms que je recherche et de transcrire. Mon pari est que je vais choisir FHL [1563377] qui intègre les années 1791 à 1799.

J'ai également travaillé sur la capture d'Acte de Naissances de Bordeaux en France dans mes recherches en quatre lignes de ma famille. Ces lignes sont Collomière, Dubuc, July, et Merle. La Family History Library a 297 microfilms seulement dans cette catégorie d'enregistrements de naissance civile. À ce jour, j'ai eu la chance d'examiner en commençant par l'année 1840 en arrière à travers 1799. Il est extrêmement fastidieux, car il peut être à peu près un an et demi par microfilm.

Un autre objectif que je me suis fixés, est d'organiser une nouvelle base de données Access de mettre un peu de sens et de séquençage dans ces microfilms que j'ai passé en revue. Il ya une vague de recettes rose flottant dans ma maison qui vient de tenir en multipliant et en multipliant.

Il ya aussi le nuage lui-même imposé en surplomb de mon nouveau site web. J'ai un titre - A Genealogy Hunt, le même que mon blog. Le site Web sera archives et une bibliothèque de et incluant à la fois la famille de Smith et de la famille des Brunhammer ... La base de cours de 16 lignes de sa famille immédiate. Le succès du blog A Genealogy Hunt a souligné que moi que je dois vraiment envisager un forum en ligne et des ressources afin que nos membres de la famille dans le monde entier seront en mesure d'entrer dans une auto-suffisante "nuage" ou "Internetland" bibliothèque.

J'ai beaucoup d'idées, mais je crois que je vais m'arrêter là. Je vais maintenant traduire cette annonce en français, de sorte que nos parents français et les lecteurs auront une certaine compréhension de l'endroit où je vais et ce à quoi s'attendre.

Bonne chance,

Jim


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template