My Tangent – Crossed Systems, The Cloud, and Updated July Descendant Charts

14 December 2010

Good morning,

As I mentioned time and time again, this Blog is a catch-all of the notes of my work and research in the search of my genealogy and ancestors. I have been also asked as to whether it is a lot of work maintaining A Genealogy Hunt. The simple answer… Yes.

But there is a self-serving benefit to me; I am able to contain the majority of my work in one place, on the Blog. I can also access this Blog from any operating computer system with almost any operating system. I do work with Microsoft Windows, Linux Ubuntu, and Apple systems. It is convenient… and I am constantly looking for ways to cross-over from system-to-system-to-system.

My obsession is the research and I am working to try to ensure that I have my data and information readily available at any given moment. I might be saving the trees and I certainly am saving wear and tear on my back, not having to lug around multiple and cumbersome binders and reams of paper. Thanks be for the Information Revolution. This also includes immediate, well almost immediate access to online databases, subscriptions and memberships. And now there is… The Cloud, aka the Internet. From Wikipedia – “The fundamental concept of cloud computing is that the computing is ‘in the cloud’ i.e. that the processing (and the related data) is not specified, known or the same place(s).” I thought that I was doing that… I think, sort of.

In the meantime, I found that my July Descendant Chart was becoming too, too crowded to fit in one image. I have therefore split the Descendancy into two visuals/images. July Descendant Chart I begins with gggggg-grandfather Pierre Jullie (aka July) and follows through to his great-grandson, my great-great-grandfather Jean François July. July Descendant Chart II starts at gg-grandfather Jean François July and then continues to my father, his great-great-great grandson Frederick Kenneth Lloyd Smith. (I hope I got the greats and the great-greats right.)

Here are the two new Charts. I will also be adding them to the top pull-down menu under the label “Smith”.



Enjoy… I certainly am.

Jim

-----
Bonjour,

Comme je l'ai mentionné, à maintes reprises, ce blog est un fourre-tout des notes de mon travail et mes recherches dans la recherche de ma généalogie et les ancêtres. J'ai également été posée de savoir si il est beaucoup de travail en maintenant «A Genealogy Hunt». La réponse est simple ... Oui. Mais il ya un avantage égoïste pour moi, je suis en mesure de contenir, la majorité de mon travail en un seul endroit, sur le blog. Je peux aussi accéder à ce blog, de tout système d'exploitation informatique, avec presque n'importe quel système d'exploitation. Je travaille avec Microsoft Windows, Linux Ubuntu, et des systèmes d'Apple. Il est commode ... et je suis constamment à la recherche des moyens de passer de système à système à système.

Mon obsession est la recherche, et je travaille pour essayer de faire en sorte que j'ai mes données et d'informations facilement accessibles, à un moment donné. J'ai peut-être de sauver les arbres, et je suis certainement réduit l'usure sur mon dos. Je ne ne pas avoir à effectuer de nombreux liants autour, et lourd, et des rames de papier. Merci pour être la révolution de l'information. Cela comprend aussi immédiate, ainsi accès quasi immédiat aux bases de données en ligne, les abonnements et les adhésions. Et maintenant, il est ... The Cloud, alias l'Internet. Un article de Wikipédia - «Le concept fondamental de cloud computing, c'est que l'informatique est «dans le nuage» à savoir que le traitement (et les données connexes) n'est pas spécifié, connus ou au même endroit (s)». Je pensais que je faisais que tout le long ... Je pense que, en quelque sorte.

En attendant, j'ai trouvé que mon Graphique Descendant de ma famille de July, devenait trop, trop de monde, pour tenir dans une seule image. J'ai donc diviser la descendance en deux visuels / images. «July Descendant Chart I» commence avec arrière-arrière-arrière-arrière-arrière-arrière-grand-père, Pierre Jullié (aka July), et suit par le biais de son arrière petit-fils, mon arrière- arrière-grand-père, Jean François July. «July Descendant Chart II» commence à mon arrière- arrière- grand-père, Jean François July, et continue ensuite à mon père, son arrière-arrière-arrière- petit-fils, Frederick Kenneth Lloyd Smith. (J'espère que je suis les plus grands, et les arrière- arrières correcte.)

Voici les deux nouvelles cartes. Je serai également en les ajoutant à la partie supérieure du menu déroulant, sous le label «Smith».

Profitez de cette ... je vais certainement.

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template