Part 693d – Brunhammer Doherty Genealogy – 1871 Birth and Baptism – Great-Granduncle Philip Doherty – Wilmington, Delaware

25 May 2012

Good Day,

What exactly has caused me to give into this obsession of genealogy? I think it is the adventure of the search and the thrill of the find. Either that or I am just plain obsessed and headed out of my mind. But the pleasure and rush is sweet when I find that which I am searching for.

And now as I promised, I have found 6 more of the 11 Baptism Registrations that I started out to find. Following from Part 684d and the 1869 Birth and Baptism of great-grandaunt Margaret Doherty I have located the documentation of another sibling. This time it is of great-granduncle Philip Doherty.

It appears that the great-great-grandparents Philip and Margaret (née Doherty) Doherty relocated their family’s place of worship from St. Peter’s Church to St. Paul’s. St. Peter’s is at N. West Street and W. 6th Street in Wilmington. St. Paul’s Church is at the corner of 4th and Jackson Streets, in Wilmington. The relocation happened about 1870.

The first document I was able to turn up is the Baptism Registration of great-granduncle Philip. His birth, in Wilmington, is recorded 3 September 1871 and his baptism is celebrated 10 September 1871.

Here is the image of the page 20 from the St. Paul’s Register of Baptisms. I have downloaded it from Item 5 of the microfilm FHL [1788084].


And my transcription –

20

1871

Register of Baptisms

Date – Sep 10
Name of Child – Philip
Lawful Child of – Phil. Dougherty & Margt
Born – Sep 3
Sponsors – Jas Adams? & Anna Stranger
Name of Priest – M. Fallon

Note that the Priest did enter the Doherty surname as “Dougherty” in the Register of Baptisms.

Stay tuned for the next update to the Doherty Family Line.

The above inserted picture is of St. Paul's Church as found at the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington website.

If you have any comments, questions, thoughts, and ideas please free to contact me.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template