Part 765g – Brunhammer Doherty Genealogy – The Search For Great-Grandmother Hannah (née Gallagher) Holmes – 1860 US Census – Episode VIII

03 September 2012

Good Labor Day,

Yes, I do not do any labor, and therefore I do not know what I am celebrating. President Grover Cleveland signed the law setting aside the first Monday in September as Labor Day 28 June 1894.

The purpose of Labor Day, “…a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.” (Per the US Department of Labor) And so I would think that somewhere and sometime ago, someone said “let’s take the day off and go to the beach.” Enjoy your Bar-B-Que in tribute.

My labor, albeit research and search of genealogy, continues. I am still trying to connect my search finds to ensure the timeline of great-grandmother Hannah (née Gallagher) Holmes.

Next of my finds, which definitely connects to the Gallagher Family that I located in the 1870 US Census of South Cass Township in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, is the 1860 US Census of Cass Township. This listing, in Cass Township, is of the Gallagher Family and it now includes both parents Daniel and Bridget, and all five children: John, Daniel, Ellen, Mary Ann, and Hannah.

Here is the image of the 1860 US Census as downloaded from The National Archives via Ancestry.com.


And my Clooz 3.0 report CUSPA000012.


I have discovered five public Family Trees posted on Ancestry.com that include great-grandmother Hannah (née Gallagher) Holmes. I have sent, since the beginning of August 2012, query emails to the creators/publishers of each Family Tree to communicate, compare information, and learn of their sources. I am still waiting responses. I will keep looking.

Enjoy,

Jim

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Please Note: All information and data... and work found on this blogsite and website is available for your use. Please do not be a "scab" and steal this information without acknowledgement of source. Also pleased be advised that there could be Copyright issues and legal yada...yadada...das... so be prewarned...

A Genealogy Hunt Copyright © 2009-2016 - WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template